The HGL’s gasification process is unique in converting biomass into synthesis gas.The exclusive design of the gasifier offers uniform airflow through the fuel bed when fuel is allowed to flow under gravity without any constriction. HGL design has accommodated all the features required for
a perfect gasification unit to treat difficult residues with variable ash and composition. This makes it suitable for a wide variety of solid biomass feed stocks.
Several biogas generation systems have been scoped and designed for household to industrial applications.
Several solar assisted systems for household and industrial application have been design and developed. These included: cooking stove, water heating and adsorption chillers. _______________________________________________________________________________
Renewable Energy Systems
– Design, development and operation of of range of gasifcation systems have been developed over the last decade. These include: Fixed bed down and cross draft gasifiers; High pressure temperature circulating fluidised bed gasifer. Main application involved the use of biomass and coal for syngas generation.
– Several process optimisation studies have been carried out for combustion and its emission control when burning biomass residues (wastes) and low quality coals.
Gas clean up
– Several gas cleaning systems had been designed and operated for acid gases clean up. Gas adsorption material have been tested and optimised.
Heat and Power generation
- Combined heat and power generation systems have been developed and packages systems supplied.
Front end solid handling
– Several solid handling systems have been put together for pre-preparation of fuels for combustion/gasification systems. These included: pre-sorting, briquetting and automatic feeding