Andrew S Jessup-Bould
Principal Process Engineer.
Andrew is an experienced Chartered Chemical/Process Engineer. He has served a range of industrial clients from manufacturing to process contracting and consulting companies in sectors as diverse as petrochemical, oil and gas, energy from waste, building services, sewage processing and speciality chemicals. The type of work undertaken has included; providing assistance to detailed design teams, detailed design reviews, technical support for proposal development, process development and bases of design, process performance testing, trouble shooting, debottlenecking and project management.
Senior Process Engineer
Mike is an experienced Chartered Chemical/Process Engineer. He has served a range of industrial clients from waterindustry to oil and gas sectors. He has conducted several Front End Engineering Design and Feasibility studies with these sectors. These included developing process design of complete systems comprising of developing PFD, P&ID, equipment data sheets, control and operating philosophies and participated in numerous hazard studies to ensure safe system design
Senior Process / Process Safety Engineer.
Amar has worked with various operating companies and EPC design contractors many of which are global companies. He has experience in a variety of process engineering activities ranging from conceptual design through to optimisation of running plants. He range of responsibilities have included roles as Lead Engineer and Consultant working on all project stages including FEED and detailed design, commissioning and plant trouble shooting as well as Design Verification to give third party assurance prior to start-up.
Senior Process Engineer
Sarfraz is a Chartered Process Engineer with over 12 years experience gained mostly working in a refinery environment. He has worked in one of Europe’s most complex oil refineries. He has a broad experience in refining, petrochemicals and catalysis having worked in operations and process design roles. More recently Mr Nawaz has worked in a design contractor environment.
Senior Refinery Engineer.
Mohamed is a consulting process engineer with more than 30 years experience in the following areas:
- Pre-FEED studies: Process licensors selection, bid evaluation, design basis, project statement of requirements and contracts, presentations for management reviews, possess effective communication skills
- FEED and detailed engineering projects: Development of PFDs, P&IDs, MSD, system hydraulics, equipment sizing, data sheets, relief load calculations. Lead P&ID reviews. Participated in HazOp and SIL reviews. PMC role of Interfacing with design disciplines, licensors, FEED Engineer and Client. Preparation of adequacy reports. Miscellaneous reviews, CRAS (Corrosion Risk Assessment Study). Familiar with design codes.
- Downstream experience in oil refineries with CDU,VDU,HPU, Hydrotreater, Platformer, Coker and Visbreaker, hydrogen carbon back and coke calcination units, sulphur and tail gas treatment units. Utilities units (amine systems, SWS, fuel gas, water and steam systems)
- Upstream oil and gas project: High Pressure Flare System Familiar with Flarenet, and LNG HazOp and utilities
- Process engineering and performance monitoring of operating refineries and other plants, Pre-commissioning, start-up acceptance testing, revamp engineering
- Managing teams of process engineers and mentoring graduate engineers.
Gary is a chartered electrical engineer responsible for all aspects of electrical and control system design on several leading projects while working for major companies such a British Nuclear Fuels and Shell UK.
His experience extends to leaning multi-discipline design and project delivery teams. He has worked as part of multidiscipline design teams responsible for plant control system. He has supervised the design, specification and procurement of catenary systems and the electrical distribution systems.
Mr Mills is also experienced in the development of power projects as Owner’s Engineer for contractor selection, design review, site quality checks and witness testing.
Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Zafar is a chartered engineer who has worked in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, power generation and water sectors. He has worked across all phases of projects including conceptual studies, FEED, detailed design, construction and commissioning. He has been the lead control and instrumentation engineer on several FEED and EPC projects. He has experience in control system design (DCS, SCADA, PLC), safety instrumented systems (HIPPS, ESD); fieldbus networks (Foundation Fieldbus); field instrumentation specification and selection (flow, level, pressure, temperature, analyzers); control valve / relief valve sizing and application; Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) – creation of data sheets. He has a good knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to oil, gas and refining industries.
Prior to joining HGL team Mr Iqbal worked for leading companies including as Thames Water Utilities Limited, Kellogg Brown and Root Limited, Black & Veatch Limited.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Phil is an experienced power plant engineer and project manager with an excellent track record of delivering a wide range of projects both in the power industry and in consultancy. He has over 45 years’ experience in all aspects of the power industry including senior posts with UK power companies.
Phil's key experience includes:
- Power Plant Feasibility and Initial Design (FEED) Studies for a wide range of large and small power generation, Combined Heat and Power and energy projects in the UK, Europe, The Middle East, Russia, and Ghana.
- Power Plant Upgrade Projects – Experience of power plant retrofit and upgrade projects involving biomass co-firing, flue gas desulphurisation plants, potential fitting of carbon capture plant, modernising control systems, improved electrostatic precipitators and low NOx combustion systems.
- Power Plant Operations – Ten years experience in the supervision of the safe and efficient operation of large coal & oil fired power plants in the UK and Libya. This includes experience in the commissioning of new plant.
- Substantial Experience of Coal Firing – This includes:- operation of large coal fired plant, feasibility and front end engineering design studies for coal fired plants, retrofits and upgrades to coal fired plants and due diligence for both the sale and purchase of coal fired plant.
- Experience in the Former Soviet Union –5 years of close involvement with projects in Russia, mostly relating to coal fired power plant. Additional experience on power plants and lime kilns in Ukraine.
- Power Plant Sale and Acquisition due Diligence - Substantial experience in the technical and environmental issues associated with the sale and purchase of power stations, and power companies in the UK, Chile, the Netherlands and Russia
Structural and Civils Engineer.
Kamlesh has worked on all phases of plant design including concept, FEED, detailed design through to construction for projects in the UK, India, Norway, Belgium, Holland and Germany. In particular he has been responsible for the design of structures for the support of process plant and pipework for industries including refining, off-shore oil and gas, chemical and nuclear.